- All Medical Thermal Imaging Ltd staff will wear a face covering during appointments and when in contact with patients.
- Patients will have their temperature checked on arrival at the clinic with a handheld temperature-gun.
- Social Distancing guidlines will be in place and must be followed at all times.
- Hand-sanitising should be practiced whenever possible and all surfaces will be sanitised.
If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, please call to rearrange your appointment.
- Have you, anyone you live with or anyone with whom you have close (2m) contact travelled outside of the UK in the last 14 days to a country requiring quarantine on return to the UK?
- Have you, anyone you live with, or anyone you have been in close (2m) physical contact with, been unwell, had a new cough, temperature or headache in the last 14 days?
- Have you, anyone you live wither anyone with whom you have had close (2m) physical contact in the last 14 days, been told to isolate at home?
Please do not arrive early for appointments so that we can minimise any overlapping of patients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why might I need Thermography?
Abnormal breast physiology tends to have increased metabolic activity and blood supply (angiogenesis) which generates heat, revealing distinctive patterns. Identifying this activity by interpreting these patterns enables early intervention, reducing the risk of further metabolic activity.
How often should I have a Thermogram?
In order to gain the maximum benefit from Thermography, after your first appointment which will establish your ‘baseline’, you will need an annual Thermogram in order to compare (against the baseline) and monitor any changes in your physiology which could indicate a change in your breast health.
What are the benefits of Breast Thermography?
- No Contact and Pain-free
- Compression-free and Non-invasive
What can I expect during my appointment?
Having a Thermogram is non-invasive, pain-free, and doesn’t involve radiation or any contact. During the examination, you will disrobe to allow for the surface temperature of your body to reach thermal equilibrium with the temperature of the room.
How should I prepare for my Appointment?
Before your appointment, certain protocols must be followed in order to ensure that your images reflect accurate information. Please see a full set of instructions here.
Do you have any questions?
If you feel like a chat please fill in this quick form and we will get back to you with some answers.
We only store your data if we provide our services to you.
- Thermography is an adjunctive procedure and all interpretive findings must be clinically correlated.
- Thermography is not a substitute for anatomical testing and results will vary from person to person.
- The absence of abnormal Thermographic findings does not mean that there is an absence of pathology.